iHeartMedia, the megalithic company formerly known as Clear Channel Communications, recently moved from the distribution side of the digital fence to the production side. iHeart has been active in providing various digital streams across a plethora of platforms for years. The company already includes some podcasts in its directory thru a partnership with Spreaker. Now, like so many other established content purveyors, iHeartMedia will begin producing a number of original shows, specifically as podcasts. These shows will be distributed thru all of the usual digital channels and some may even be heard on iHeart’s network of terrestrial radio stations.
Here’s a list of these new podcasts:
- Skybound Rundown: Focused on indie games, hosted by “indie gamers.”
- The Vent: An advice show for moms, hosted by actress Jaime Pressly.
- Heart of the Beat: Musical artists discuss how their songs were made.
- Get Mic’d: A realty-style talent show where judges find “the next great iHeartMedia DJ.”
- Who Is Marty Hirsch?: A parody/mockumentary style show that will feature the voices of celebrity musicians “documenting” the life and times of a fictitious media mogul.
There’s no official word yet as to when these new shows will debut or what their typical running times will be. Along with the new podcast announcement, iHeartMedia also announced a partnership with popular instant messaging app Snapchat. But details of just how these two services will interact is still under wraps.