The inaugural Asia Pacific Podcast Conference will take place in Auckland, New Zealand, from February 12th – 13th, 2016. Attendees from across the Asia Pacific Region and beyond are invited – including (but not limited to) Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Hong Kong, USA, China, and Malaysia.
The Asia Pacific Podcast Conference is for existing podcasters, and people who are broadcasters and media. It is for marketers, bloggers, and those who are yet to launch the first episode of their podcast. The event will feature the best podcasting experts to ever speak in the Asia Pacific region.
Speakers and Panelists include:
* Cliff Ravenscraft – He and his wife founded the Generally Speaking Production Network. In 2006, he launched the “Podcast Answer Man’ podcast.
* Kaitlyn Swarey – She is the Editor of Hack Digital, which is an online team to support triple j radio’s current affairs program “Hack”. She helped create ABC Radio’s experimental podcast “First Run” and the highly successful “Science Vs” podcast with Wendy Zuckerman.
* Megan Whelan – She is RNZ’s (formerly Radio New Zealand) community engagement editor. She’s worked as a journalist for over a decade and has been heavily involved in much of RNZ’s digital transformation.
* Michelle Dickinson – She is also known as Nanogirl. She is the co-founder of the charity OMGTech!. She holds the Member of New Zealand Order of Merit and was awarded the Sir Peter Blake Leadership in 2015.
* Paul Spain – He is the founder and CEO at Gorilla Technology, and is coordinator of the Asia Pacific Podcast Conference. He is also involved with the “NZ Tech Podcast” and the “NZ Business Podcast”.
* Natalie Cutler-Welsh – She is also known as “the Go to Girl”. Her podcast is “Go to Girl Social Media & Networking” and she is the co-host of “Inspire Higher”.
* Will Fleming – He has over 8 years in the New Zealand Television industry. His podcast is called “My Kiwi Life”.
* Josh Neilson – He is the founder of Zencastr, a podcasting production tool.
* Jono Hutchinson – He is the Head of Digital News at MediaWorks and has been with the company for 11 years. Last year, he was the executive producer of “Newsworthy”.
The agenda for both days of the Asia Pacific Podcast Conference is available on their website. You can also purchase tickets and register for the conference via their website.