PodAbility is not a conference. It is described as “an intensive, in-person weekend podcast training program”. PodAbility will take place April 9-10, 2016, at Rise New York. The cost to attend the event is $1,200 and space is limited to 25 participants.
People who attend PodAbility will work closely with a dozen industry leaders to create a quality podcast for your business or organization. There are a total of 12 scheduled speakers who have been successful in their own businesses and in helping others to reach and exceed their goals.
* Deborah Asseraf – Founder and CEO of Popcorn Productions
* Richard Davids – Founder of DaviesContent
* Robert Galinsky – Head Speaker’s Coach of TEDxTeen
* Alex Olmsted – CEO/Co-Founder of Good vs Evil
* Mathew Passay – Owner/Host/Producer of Mpassy Productions
* Marc Raco – Producer/Host/Creative Pro of Fashion Is Your Business Podcast
* Michael Roderick – CEO/Connector of Small Pond Enterprises
* Peg Samuel – Founder/Professor/Speaker of Social Diva Media
* Rob Sanchez – COO of Open Source Fashion
* BJ Smith – Founder/Host/Educator of Marketing Group Therapy
* Andy Toh – Chief Architect & General Manager of BlogTalkRadio Inc.
* Jason Van Orden – Founder/Host of Internet Business Mastery
The whole point of PodAbility is to give business owners the tools they need to quickly launch a podcast without wasting time guessing. They can give you a solid show format to follow, recommend equipment, provide website instructions and podcast launch instructions.
They can teach you how to build an audience, how to market your podcast, and how to find and attract sponsors. It appears that all this knowledge (and more) can be utilized by people who attend PodAbility to create a business podcast that brings in revenue.
One cool thing about PodAbility is that it seems very open to people who are first time podcasters or who do not know much at all about podcasting. If you cannot make it to New York, that’s ok, because PodAbility is planning to appear in other cities around the United States.