Werk It is a podcast festival bringing together innovative women working in audio and digital media. It is hosted by WNYC Studios and will take place on June 15 – 17, 2016. Werk It has added more speakers to the event and revealed the schedule.
Werk It is intended for women who work in audio and digital media. It is where they can hone their skills, meet other women in their field, and learn from peers and experienced industry professionals.
The event includes “uncomfortable conversations and invigorating debates”, mentoring, networking, and immersive training sessions. There will also be three straight nights of live podcast tapings from some of the most provocative and inspiring women hosts in the biz.
In April, Werk It had announced only a few speakers. They have since added more.
* Jessica Williams & Phoebe Robinson – Co-hosts of 2 Dope Queens
* Manoush Zomordi – Host of Note to Self
* Molly Webber – Features Producer & Guest Host of Radiolab
* Jessica Chaffin & Jamie Denbo – Co-Hosts of Ronna & Beverly
* Kate Bilinski – Mix Engineer / Music Editor of Serial
* Mitra Kaboli – Senior Producer of The Heart
* Kelly McEvers – Host of Embedded
* Megan Tan – Host of Millennial
* Julie Shapiro – Executive Producer of Radiotopia
* Jenna Weiss-Berman – Co-Founder of Pineapple Street Media
* Tracy Clayton – Host of Another Round
* Amanda Aronczyk – Reporter for Only Human
* Marlo Mack – Host of How to Be a Girl
* Maria Hinojosa – Executive Producer and Anchor of Latino USA
* Kelsey Padgett – Producer of Radiolab
* Brittany Luse – Host of Sampler
The schedule, for all three days of Werk It is available and can be viewed on the event’s website. Space is limited and applications for the 2016 Werk It Festival are now closed.