The Los Angeles Podcast Festival 2016 will take place on September 23-25, 2016, at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California. Tickets are on sale now (but the Early Bird and Kinda Early Bird tickets have sold out). Those attending might want to book their room at Sofitel now.
The Los Angeles Podcast Festival was created by Dave Anthony, Graham Elwood, and Chris Mancini. They wanted to start this fest “to shove podcasters and fans together in a small enclosed space. To meet. To mingle. To love.”
Dave Anthony is the host of the critically acclaimed American history podcast The Dollop. He also has been a regular on the IFC show Maron (where he also a writer and director). Graham Elwood is a stand-up comic who is the co-founder and co-host of Comedy Film Nerds. Chris Mancini is a comic, author, and filmmaker. He is the co-founder and co-host of Comedy Film Nerds.
There will be live podcasts and a huge standup show. In addition, attendees can hang out and meet their favorite podcasters in the Podcast Lounge, attend parties, and take in panels about podcasting hosted by experts from both sides of the curtain.
Panels at LA Podfest 2016 include:
* “Podcasting Live: Bringing Your Show on Tour” – with panelists Andrew Morgan, Cecil Baldwin, and Ryan Sickler
* “Narrative Storytelling in Podcasting” – with panelists Phoebe Judge, Jeffery Cranor, and Jay Larson
* “Platform Perks: Make your hosting platform work for you” – with panelists Rob Walch and Matt Belknap
* “Connecting Music and Podcasts” – with panelists Jamie Flam, Jonah Ray and Joseph Fink
* “Journalism and Podcasting” – with panelists Phoebe Judge, Lauren Spohrer and Jefferson Graham
* “Content Evolution: The changing content of podcasts” – with panelist Dave Anthony
There are more than 30 live podcasts that will be part of LA Podfest 2016. There will also be a Podcast Lab which is a safe space where podcasters of any experience level can go to record their own podcasts straight from the heart of LA Podfest. Note that podcasters must bring their own recording gear.