In this episode, Shawn and Jen discuss the dream of all advertisers who place their ads on podcasts – the unskippable episode.
The advertisers are super interested in finding some way to know, for certain, how many listeners actually heard their ad (and how many skipped right over it). This motivation values ads more highly than the content of your podcast.
In addition, we give you a really good example of how to advertise your podcast without annoying people. It takes a little creativity, but has great potential. We also poke at the concept of getting to the top of iTunes.
Links mentioned in this episode:
* Podcasting Has an Ad-Skipping Problem, Too
By Stephen Perlberg on The Wall Street Journal
* May the Podcast Marketing Be With You
By Mathew Passy on PodToPod
* Podcasting and the Big Picture, Part 2: Simple Tweaks to Increase Your Traffic
By Blubrry Team on PowerPress Podcast
* Podcast stats: what we (don’t) know
By James Cridland on Asia Radio Today
* How to Take Your Podcast to the Top Rank on iTunes
By Podcast Engineers at Podcast Engineers