The Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference (MAPCON) will take place on September 9 and 10, 2016. It will be held at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro in New Jersey. There is still time to register and purchase tickets.
Podcast Mid-Atlantic started in December of 2014 as a Facebook group for podcasters who live in the Mid-Atlantic States (North Carolina, Virginia, Delaware, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut). The idea was to bring podcasters together for meet ups, Google Hangouts, and eventually to grow into conferences. Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference (MAPCON) is an extension of Joe Pardo’s passion to host amazing events with great people.
* Jessica Kupferman – Co-Host & Founder She Podcasts
* Tayo Rockson – Founder and CEO UYDMedia.com
* Michael O’Neal – Founder & Host SoloHour.com
* Heather Ordover – Host and Founder CraftLit.com
* Dave Jackson – Founder and Host SchoolofPodcasting.com
* Anthony Minaya – CEO and Founder AnthonyMinaya.co
* Jeff Bradbury – Founder and Host TeacherCast.net
* Rob Greenlee – Head of Podcast Content Spreaker.com
* Jessica Rhodes – Founder of InterviewConnections.com, Host of Rhodes to Success
* Mark Asquith – Co-Founder PodcastWebsites.com
* Mary Nichols (a.k.a. DJ Fusion) – Founder FuseBoxRadioOnline.com
* Ramona Rice – Community Manager PodcastWebsites.com
* Joe Boggess – Founder and Host RelaunchShow.com
* Darlene Victoria Gonzalez – Founder of Digital Media Support Services, Host of Inspired Entrepreneur’s Guide
* Annett Bone – Founder and Host of The DancePreneuring Studip Podcast Annettbone.com
* Tina Deitz – CEO, StartSomething Creative Business Solutions, Host of the StartSomething Show
* Christian Lee – Founder and Host WhatAreWeWatching.com
* Tom Tate – Product Marketing Manager Aweber.com
The event will include the Creative Podcast Competition. Podcasters will team up to create a less than five minute podcast in 45 minutes incorporating three items given at the start of the competition. Each episode will be performed on stage to be judged for fabulous prizes!
It will be possible to record podcasts at MAPCON. Podcasters are encouraged to use the spacious area, tables and chairs in the atrium to record their shows. This is a great opportunity to meet and interview other podcasters for your show.