The Cast Away Podcast Awards are an Australian first. It was founded by Dave Gertler. The purpose is to bring the Australian podcasting community together, to support, reward, promote the work Australian podcasters are doing, and provide alternative platforms of discovery to podcast listeners.
Australian podcasters can register their show with Cast Away. Registration is free and comes with no obligation on your part. The registration form asks for your Podcast’s name, your name, and a link to your latest episode (among other things).
On November 17, 2016, the Cast Away Awards had 130 podcasts registered. The winners will be honored at an awards event in Sydney on March 25, 2017.
The Cast Away Awards podcast categories :
- Comedy & Entertainment
- Film & TV
- Tech, Science & Gaming
- Arts, Literature & Music
- Industry Focus
- Lifestyle, Health & Wellness
- Business, Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Political, Social & Cultural Affairs
- Documentary & Storytelling
The judges of the Cast Away Awards are:
- Robert Loewenthal – founder of the Whooshkaa Podcasting Platfoorm
- Matt Saraceni – Head of Content at Omny Studio
- Cat Colman – Production Manager at Music Feeds Studio
- Adela Mizrachi – Founder of Podcast Brunch Club (PBC)
- Dave Lee – Co-Founder of International Podcast Day
- Jarod Pickford – Founder of Podmatcher
- Josh Butt – Content producer at MediaCom Beyond Advertising
- Sara DaSilva – Writer/Editor of Audible Feast podcast review website