Well Told is a conference that will take place on May 27-28, 2017, in central London. It is the first conference of its kind in the UK. The mission of the conference is to get the UK media to treat narrative journalism with the respect it deserves.
There’s never been a conference like Well Told in the UK before – but the need for creative journalists to be on top of their storytelling skills has never been greater. The rise of longform and narrative journalism – which breaks out of a vanilla news voice to use all the techniques of storytelling – represents the most exciting and rewarding future for journalists.
Well Told is not only for journalists. It is also for reporters, authors, documentarians, and podcasters, who will share the storytelling skills that make their work stand out. Tickets are on sale now.
There are a lot of people who will be speaking at Well Told (and more will be announced later). You can find a list of the speakers on the Well Told website. The speakers include some podcasters and broadcasters.
- Jon Manel – Podcast editor, BBC World Service
- Giles Wilson – Creative Director, Harpoon Productions
- Paul Morley – Cultural commentator, broadcaster and author
- Ben Green – Multimedia producer & podcaster at the Guardian
- Emma Jane Kirby – Broadcaster and author of ‘The Optician of Lampedusa’