Podquest is looking for the next podcast superstar. They have announced the winner of their previous contest. Podcasters can now enter this year’s contest. According to Podquest: “If you’ve got an idea, a story, or you’re a brilliant story teller – then Podquest is for you.”
The Season 1 Winner of Podquest’s contest is Phoebe Parsons. She is the host of a brand new podcast called Confessions of a Twenty Something Train Wreck. The description of the podcast is “Phoebe has a fancy degree and her dream job. But her personal life? It’s a train wreck. These are her confessions as she turns her mess into her message.” The trailer has been released and is available on the Podquest website.
Those who want to become the next podcast superstar can enter the Podquest contest now. The deadline for entering is August 4, 2017. The contest is open to all Australian residents from New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia. Entrants must be at least 16 years of age or older. People who enter, and are under 18 years of age, must have express permission of a parent/guardian.
A panel of internal and external experts will be looking for:
- Originality – has anyone else done a similar podcast?
- Narrative – what are you like at telling a story?
- Hosting – are you any good at this “podcast thang”?
- Commercial Viability – let’s face it, in the long run, it would be nice to quit your job and become a full time podcaster
- Audience – who could the possible audience be?
Podquest says that your entry should demonstrate how the story will live as a series, and not be a sample of your best work. Ideally, it would run for up to 20 minutes.
There is one prize to be won. It consists of AU$5,000 to be transferred to the winner’s Australian bank account (or the winner’s parent or legal guardian’s bank account if the winner is under 18 years old.)
The prize also consists of one final produced podcast (Podcast Series) that includes:
- Up to 25 hours production time – Up to 5 hours per episode up to a maximum of 5 episodes at the winner’s nearest Nova Entertainment studio
- Up to 5 hours studio time at the winner’s nearest Nova Entertainment Studio
- Up to 5 hours content direction with industry experts at the winner’s nearest Nova Entertainment Studio
- Creative design and production of 1 podcast including 2 rounds of changes