Slate is looking for a Director of Branded Podcasts to oversee their branded podcast group. The person who is hired for this job must have a passion for storytelling, a deep understanding of digital media, and an informed interest in the relationship between brands, podcasts, and listeners.
The Slate Group, established in 2008 by the Graham Holdings Company, is a multimedia entity with the mission of developing and managing a family of digitally-native content providers. The company consists of Slate, an award-wining digital publishing company, and Panoply, a premium podcast network.
Some Requirements for the Director of Branded Podcasts job include:
- BA or BS degree required
- Must have 5+ years of experience in content development and production for podcast, terrestrial, or satellite radio, or other audio medium.
- Must be well connected to the larger community of independent producers and great at identifying talent
- Extremely strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with little to no guidance and think outside the box
- Experience in juggling and prioritizing competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work as a team player
Some Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing for smart, stimulating podcast ideas that engage our discerning listeners and offer unique value to our brand partners
- Manage a team of in-house and freelance producers to write, structure, and produce branded podcasts for a diverse set of advertisers
- Provide guidance and critical feedback on production tasks including recording, editing, mixing, scoring and publishing audio
Those who are interested in applying for this position should go read the Slate ad on Linkedin for full details. The job is listed as “Full-Time” and under the function “Sales, Production”.