NPR, a thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization that produces award-winning news, information and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public raido stations across the nation, is looking for a producer for their Planet Money podcast. Full details can be found at NPR Jobs.
Planet Money is a tight-knit, highly collaborative team producing one of the best and most popular podcasts around. We tell audio and web stories that explain complicated topics – in fun, creative ways. We’re expanding and trying some new things.
NPR is looking for a producer “who can do it all”: book big name and no name guests alike, mix a podcast fast, pitch smart angles nobody else has thought of, and hone in on the best fact hiding in an NBER working paper. They want someone who naturally enjoys thinking and talking about economics and business, and who has ambitious ideas for stories (and needs somewhere to try them).
Some responsibilities include:
- Find and produce original story ideas on a tight deadline
- Suggest and book guests for Hosts/Reporters to interview
- Prepare questions and approaches to interviews, maybe do them yourself
- Report stories for publication on podcast, web and broadcast
- Mix podcast episodes using digital audio editing software
- Write web and social media posts
- Reply to listener questions and social media comments
- Think strategically about audience development and execute the strategy down to the smallest detail
Some requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 4 years of production experience
- Audio editing experience in Pro Tools or equivalent program
- Ability and willingness to relocate
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts