International Podcast Day takes place every September 30. It is an international celebration of the power of podcasts. It is a great day to connect with fellow podcasters, podcast listeners, podcast enthusiasts, and leaders in the podcasting industry.
In 2014, National Podcast Day was celebrated with 6 hours of live broadcasting. After quickly realizing the power of podcasts internationally, we rebranded into what we are today – International Podcast Day. In 2015 and 2016, we broadcasted around the globe for nearly 70 hours inviting podcasters and industry leaders from 40 different countries to share their podcast journeys, personal stories, and expertise with the podcast community.
International Podcast Day has suggestions on how you can get involved. Here are a few:
- Use #InternationalPodcastDay to engage with others worldwide talking about the event.
- Grab your mic and camera, ask someone about their favorite podcast. Share the response on social media.
- Change your social media image to the International Podcast Day logo.
- Share your favorite podcast with someone (coworker, friend, teammate).
- Send feedback to your favorite podcasters and tell them thank you.
- Provide a rating and review in Apple Podcasts and other platforms.
- Explain to someone what a podcast is and get them hooked.