Are you thinking about starting your very first podcast? You may want to check out PIY 2017. It is the Podcasting It Yourself workshop that will take place on October 28, 2017, in Phoenix, Arizona.
This interactive workshop is being held for people who want to start a podcast – or – want to learn more about podcasting from experienced and respected podcasters. Learn about software, hardware, accessories, best practices, and more. The workshop coincides with the long awaited release of Podcasting for Dummies 3rd Edition. Authors Tee Morris and Chuck Tomasi and over a dozen other podcasters with TONS of experience will be there to answer questions, sign books, and hang out.
* Chuck Tomasi – Beginning in 2004, he has produced over 1,000 audio episodes and hundreds of videos. He is the co-author of Podcasting for Dummies 3rd Edition
* Cherylyn (CJ) Jones – CJ started podcasting in 2006. You might recognize her from the Love Long and Prosper podcasts (which is about Star Trek) or as the original Mighty Mommy on the Quick and Dirty Tips Network.
* Kevin (TD-0013) O’Connor – Writer, performer, and editor of the A Different Point of View podcast, which ran from 2005-2008, during podcasting’s infancy stage.
* Vincent Orleck – CMO at BRANDish Social Media Marketing, President of the Social Media Club Phoenix, and avid supporter and contributor to #yesPHX. Vincent is a co-host on the More Than Hashtags podcast.
* Keith Lane – Co-host of the Two Gay Geeks podcast. (His husband is the other co-host). Their motto is “You Name It, We Talk Abut It.”
* Joe Hogan – He started podcasting with Geekitude, a geek culture podcast dedicated to showing how shared interests can bring people together. His second podcast is State of the Geek, which looks at problems within geek culture as well as politics from a geek’s perspective.
* Jack Mangan – Started podcasting in 2005 with the Duel of the Fates series. He’s best known for his Jack Mangan’s Deadpan Podcast (2006-2015).
* Christopher Hoff – Co-founder of TalesOfTheCon.com and co-host of Tales of the Con podcast, where he and co-host Fred Boyce celebrate comic-con culture.
* Justin Nealy – Customer Care Supervisor at GoDaddy by day, freelancer turned business owner by night as the owner of Macrify Media.
* Raz Yalov – Co-founder of Zccast, a podcasting platform for people who have something to say, but do not have a technical bone in their body. He is also a co-producer and sound engineer of the Phoenix-local True Crime podcast Missing Alissa, which tells the story of the unsolved cold case of a missing teen that is still open after 16 years.
For more information about PIY 2017, and to buy tickets, please visit the PIY 2017 website.