The Sarah Lawrence College International Audio Fiction Awards are accepting submissions for the 2018 Sarah Awards (also called “The Sarahs”). Winners will receive $4,000 in cash prizes – $2,000 for first place, $1,000 for second place, $500 for third place, $250 for Best New Artist and $250 for Sarahs’ Sarah Award.
All entries must be uploaded between now and Thursday, February 15, 2017 at 5 p.m. EST. There is a $35 fee for all entries. If you miss the deadline, your entry will not be judged.
Other things to know:
- Payment of the entry fee will be made online through Submittable. You will also use Submittable to upload your entry.
- Each entry should consist of one audio file (MP3).
- Entries must have been produced between February 2017 and February 2018.
- Entries must be between 3 minutes and 60 minutes in length.
- Entries of all languages are admissible. However, if your work is not in English you must provide a transcript in English.
- All works must be fiction – no documentaries will be accepted. However, mocumentaries will be happily accepted.
- All entries may be considered for The Sarahs’ Serendipity podcast.
There is more to it than what I have listed here. Visit The Sarahs website for full details. The winners will be announced and celebrated at an awards ceremony that will take place at the New York City’s Players’ Club on April 23, 2018.