The Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) is a non-profit organization where New York’s libraries and archives come together to learn, share ideas, and collaborate. They are seeking a Preserve This Podcast Community Relations Strategist. This is a contract position.
The “Preserve this Podcast!” Communications and Public Relations Strategist is a temporary contract starting from the date of hire until through the completion of the duties of the contract (schedule can be flexible). This position is open to those with demonstrated experience working on communications, outreach and/or public relations projects, either in a podcast or broadcast media setting, and/or a library/archives setting.
The primary responsibility will be to devise and implement a strong communications plan to reach independent podcast producers and develop deeper awareness around this project, and born-digital audio preservation.
- Develop, coordinate and execute an outreach strategy and sustainable workflow
- Create communications lists and corresponding schedules
- Interact with their audiences via social media networks
- Set up a workflow for sending out newsletter and other copy
- Cultivate relationships with the target audience (podcast producers)
- Develop messaging/create copy to promote Preserve this Podcast ! Podcast
- Identify and pursue possible promotional opportunities, especially podcast interviews.
This is a temporary $5,500 contract that will be paid out monthly at an hourly rate. The hourly rate is negotiable depending on the applicants demonstrated experience in podcast communications. This is a contract/temporary position. For full details, visit the METRO website where the ad is posted.