The 30 for 30 Podcasts Story Workshop is co-presented by IFP and Made In NY Media Center by IFP. 30 for 30 Podcasts is ESPN’s premium series of original sports documentaries. 30 for 30 Podcasts is now seeking submissions.
30 for 30 Podcasts is ESPN’s premium series of original sports audio documentaries. A spin-off of the Oscar and Peabody Award-winning 30 for 30 documentary series, the podcast utilizes original interviews, archival sound, and the textured intimacy of the audio medium to explore compelling characters, teams, incidents, and stores across the sports landscape.
30 for 30 Podcasts Story Workshop is powered by IFP (Independent Filmmaker Project) and the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. The 30 for 30 Podcasts Story Workshop is accepting submissions for original audio story pitches. They are looking for the next great 30 for 30 Podcast.
Successful submissions (between 12-16 proposals) will be selected to participate in a private pitch session with 30 for 30 Podcasts and ESPN producers and development executives, at the Made In NY Media Center on July 24. You can apply on the NY Media Center website.
Some Considerations and Criteria include:
- Related in some way to sport, competition, athletes, fitness, or sport-like adventure
- Historical (usually 5+ years)
- Focused (single event illuminating a larger impact)
- Sports as a setting to explore off-the-field themes (cultural, racial, societal, etc)
- New angle on a story you thought you knew
- Has a larger impact and ripple effect/aftermath
Visit the 30 for 30 Podcast Story Workshop website for more details about the criteria, the ESPN production and process, and more.