BBC has been discussing how to reinvent the BBC for a new generation. They announced the release of BBC Sounds. It is their first version of a brand new audio app from the BBC.
The BBC Sounds app is available to download from Apple, Google, and Amazon app stores. The app brings together the BBC’s live and on demand radio, music, and podcasts into a single personalized app.
BBC Sounds will provide every user with a unique experience because it is designed to learn from an individual user’s listening habits. It will provide one-tap access to the latest episodes of your favorite BBC podcasts and radio shows.
The app with introduce you to new audio you wouldn’t have otherwise discovered from the 80,000 hours of BBC audio.
What You Can Do With BBC Sounds:
- Scroll the dial and listen to any of the BBC’s 18 national stations (and online-only station CBeebies Radio) or tap All Stations to listen to any of the BBC’s 40 local stations
- Pick up where you left off with “Continue Listening” which surfaces part-listened podcasts and radio shows and next episodes for you
- Enjoy hand picked collections of podcasts and on demand music shows to match your mood
- Discover new audio via the “Recommended For You” section
- Browse by category: from Crime to Science & Technology, from Classical to Hip Hop
- Add any individual episode or clip to “My List” to listen to later
- Subscribe to any podcast or program and get a personalized feed of the latest episodes in “My Sounds”
— BBC (@AboutTheBBC) June 26, 2018