The Sporkful is a podcast about food. It isn’t for foodies, it’s for eaters. The Sporkful is hosted by Dan Pashman of Cooking Channel’s “Your Eating It Wrong” and the book “Eat More Better”. This podcast is a Stitcher Production. Stitcher is seeking an Associate Producer to join The Sporkful in NYC.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in creating, producing and editing compelling audio programs, a passion for innovative storytelling, and familiarity with the current podcast landscape.
The Associate Producer will:
- Pitch ideas and research show topics
- Cut host tracks and interview
- Identify, pre-interview and book potential guests
- Research and write detailed interview prep for host. This includes: offering editorial feedback to Senior Producer/Host, helping manage social media accounts and listener engagement, producing live events, participating in weekly editorial meetings, and more.
- At least two years of experience in a deadline-driven media environment
- Superb organization and time management, ability to work with remote teams
- Proficiency with audio editing
- Creative problem-solving in editing stories and interviews
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred
- Proficiency with a range of social media
- A love of eating is required, but deep knowledge of food is not
For more details, including how to qualify for an interview, please visit the Scripps website where the Stitcher job posting is located.