The University of Chicago is seeking a Podcast Producer. Those who are interested in the position are asked to apply with LinkedIn. It is a full-time position.
The Podcast Producer leads podcast production, marketing, and distribution from the News Office, working with University Communications and Schools, Divisions, and other units across campus. The role is vital to growing podcasting at the University, with the Producer building content and audience for individual shows as well as the larger UChicago Podcast Network.
- Set the vision to establish UChicago as the premier podcast producer within the higher education space
- Develop new series that support UChicago and key goals and initiatives
- Work with Nobel laureates, field defining researchers, and industry scholars to produce new and exciting podcast series, including developing, recording and editing individual episodes
- Lead podcast distribution efforts across campus, developing and executing strategies to build audience for various series and the overall UChicago Podcast Network
- Lead podcast marketing across campus, including building audience for and drawing attention to UChicago podcasts
- Previous success developing popular podcast series
- Strong audio skills, including substantial experience in recording interviews, live events, and telling narrative stories
- Ability to identify and tell engaging audio stories and develop interviews that draw in listeners
- A journalist’s toolkit with experience researching new subject matters, prepping for discussions, and conducting meaningful interviews
- Proven expertise in podcast distribution, including such platforms as Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, with a proven track record of building audiences for podcast series
- Advanced marketing and social media skills, including a proven track record of growing listenership for podcasts
Those who are interested in the Podcast Producer position should visit the University of Chicago job listing to find out full details.