PRX is at the epicenter of the audio revolution, bridging broadcast, digital and mobile with a portfolio of exceptional programs including PRI’s The World, The Takeaway, The Moth Radio Hour, On Being, This American Life and the Radiotopia podcast network. PRX is seeking a Director of PRX Productions.
PRX is looking for a seasoned producer and manager with a sharp sense of story, experience building a creative team, and a sophisticated understanding of the podcast landscape. If you are someone who is comfortable with talent, technology, and the business of dynamics that are shaping the on-demand audio landscape then this is the opportunity for you.
Required Qualifications include:
- At least 7+ years of writing and producing successful podcasts and/or radio programs
- A passion for innovative stories and impactful content
- An ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects
- A proven track record of meeting financial goals, managing a budget and setting key business objectives
- Experience launching productions from scratch and collaborating on making existing probrams better
- An ability to foster strong partnerships
- Demonstrated experience building, leading and maintaining a strong creative team
- A natural problem-solver
- A team player with an ability to communicate effectively across functional teams, clients, colleagues and others
- Highly organized and able to meet weekly deadlines
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
This position is based in Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Visit the PRX want ad for full details.