CAFE is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. They are seeking an Audio Producer.
CAFE is looking for an experienced New York-based audio producer/editor with passion for news, justice, and startup culture to execute the full production of two weekly podcasts, from pre-production to recording, editing, and publishing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Execute all aspects of podcast/audio production: scripting, recording (both in studio and in the field), editing, mixing and distributing
- Write voice-track scripts for host(s), including scripting out ads, and coach the host(s) through an interview
- Booking interview guests, as well as planning and executing remote interviews
- Think critically about the direction of the show(s), propose new and original ideas for timely and relevant programming
- Manage multiple episodes in various stages of the production
- Edit multiple drafts of each interview and full episode, incorporating notes from the team and host(s)
- Think creatively about marketing and promotion both for specific episodes and the programs overall
- Complete additional duties as assigned
Key candidate requirements include:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience producing, scripting and editing quality audio content under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in audio mixing and mastery of ProTools, Hindenberg and/or other related audio production software/hardware
- Comfort with live-producing a panel discussion or host interview
- Demonstrated experience working on newsy and/or narrative podcasts and proven track record of working with hosts/talent
- Understanding of digital and audio platforms, what those audiences are looking for and how to find them
- Knowledge of current events, U.S. and world politics is strongly preferred
- Ability to occasionally travel and work late hours and weekends
Visit the CAFE website to find out about the benefits that come with this position, and to apply for it.