Vox is looking for an executive producer for the Recode News Podcast. It is a full-time position based in New York City.
Recode is launching a first-of-its-kind, thrice-weekly podcast to explain the most important tech news of the week. Grounded in Recode’s personality and authority, the show will deliver in-depth stories on how technology is changing everything. We simply can no longer escape the future hurtling toward us, which is why understanding the technologies shaping our lives – and the companies creating and profiting off them – is fundamental to understanding the world we live in and the way we live in it.
What you’ll do:
- Establish daily editorial agenda in consultation with staff
- Create daily program rundown
- Set assignments for show staff and freelancers
- Work with producers and host to facilitate on-time delivery of high-quality stories and segments
- Work with host on script and oversee host tracking
- Provide final editorial sign-off on each day’s show
- Coordinate with engineers on booking and use of studios and production equipment
- Facilitate regular evaluation and feedback of show’s format, structure, and sound with show’s staff
- Establish a culture of experimentation, lead evolution of the show’s sound over time
- Set objectives for audience growth in conjunction with senior leaders
- Assist Vox.com’s Executive Editor and Vox Media’s EP of Audio with staff recruitment and hiring as needed
- Oversee the show’s budget, staff scheduling, and staff evaluation
Take a look at the website where the Recode News Podcast Executive Producer want ad is posted. It includes information about what they want to see on your application.