From the Margins to the Center is the first podcast incubator of its kind in Denver, Colorado. It is a podcast incubator for women of color. It is brought to you by AMPED, Lantigua Williams & Co., House of Pod, PodcastsInColor.com, and Arts In Society.
Applications close on Thursday, May 9, 2019. Those who qualify can apply through the From the Margins to the Center website.
This month-long program will take place at House of Pod in Denver, Colorado for 28 contact hours of podcast instruction over four weeks. The program will include a keynote session with Juleyka Lantigua-Williams, who founded an independent production company, weekly classes, and one-year membership to the House of Pod recording studio, and access to open drop-in sessions. Additionally, participants will be paired with leading women producers of color as their mentors.
The most promising produced from the program, as selected by the AMPED Board, will be eligible for a $5,000 grant to support the first season of their podcast. The incubator will be free for all participants, and childcare during each class will be included. Housing and transportation will not be included.
- Juleyka Lantigua-Williams, Founder/CEO of Lantigua-Williams & CO and Executive Producer of 70 Million and Latina to Latina.
- Berry, Founder and Producer of Podcasts in Color, the largest online directory of podcasts produced by women of color.
- Cat Jaffee, Founder and Producer at House of Pod, Executive Producer of SAPIENS: A Podcast for Everything Human.
- Paul Karolyi, Managing Editor and Producer at House of Pod, Founder and Producer of Changing Denver.
- Be 18 years of older
- Propose an original idea for a podcast that has not yet been made
- Be creative and dedicated to launching their own show.
- Identify as a woman.
- Be a woman of color, meaning that they identify with an ethnicity or race that is non-white
- Be able to be present physically for the Monday kickoff keynote and all four evening sessions
- Be interested in learning about the world of podcasting, so they can produce their own product for themselves
- Be a podcast listener