Deezer announced it has entered into global partnerships with five podcasting companies including Libsyn, Ausha, Podomatic, Blubrry, and Simplecast, in addition to adding “tech updates” from existing partners Audioboom and Voxnest.
The company’s new global podcast partnerships cover everything from content to podcast recording, distribution, and analytics.
Deezer has partnered with five companies:
- Libsyn, a podcast publisher with a monthly audience of 116 million and more than 64,000 podcasts.
- Ausha, which claims to be the first podcast hosting platform in France with over 800 podcasters and features like video clip editing, private podcasts and comprehensive statistics.
- Podomatic, which provides podcast creators with “everything you need to start and grow a podcast,” including recording, publishing, distribution, and tracking.
- Blubrry, which provides podcast hosting, stats and the PowerPress Podcasting Plugin.
- Simplecast, a podcast hosting, distribution and analytics platform that has reportedly doubled its amount of podcasts and subscriptions in the last year.
Two of Deezer’s existing podcast partners, Audioboom, a global on-demand audio and podcasting distribution platform, and Voxnest’s Spreaker, a podcasting platform with over 50,000 monthly active creators, have also improved their “technical solution” on Deezer.
Deezer’s podcast push follows the huge investment in this sector made by Spotify as part of its “Audio First” content strategy revealed in February, which has included the acquisition of three podcast companies, Anchor and Gimlet Media (for $343 million) as well as Parcast.