PRX is seeking a full-time, Bay-area based editor to play a key role in the production of Radiotopia’s Ear Hustle, a podcast that features stories of life inside prison, shared by those living it, and stories from the outside, post-incarceration. The deadline for submitting your application is January 31, 2020.
This person will work closely with the team to shape all aspects of stories told in each episode, both from inside San Quentin State Prison, where the podcast started, and outside the prison, as we continue to explore the re-entry experience. This position starts in early 2020, will be based in Emeryville, CA, but will also include days spent (2-4 per month) with the Ear Hustle team in San Quentin.
The position reports to the senior produce and works closely with the executive producer.
- Shape and edit stories from initial pitches to published episodes
- Craft content in creative new ways while maintaining Ear Hustle’s distinctive style
- Provide editorial mentorship to producers and hosts
- Pitch their own story ideas when appropriate
- Assist in scriptwriting
- Communicate mix notes to sound designer
- And more!
- Minimum five years experience in audio storytelling
- Experience in editing longform narrative audio stories
- Expertise in script writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid Pro Tools skills
- Flexibility and an ability for creative problem-solving in a high-stakes and unpredictable environment
- And more!
For more details about the responsibilities and requirements of this position, and to apply for it, visit the PRX website where the want-ad is listed.