NPR is seeking a Production Assistant for the Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast. Those who are interested can apply for the position on the website where the NPR want ad is located.
Pop Culture Happy Hour is one of the best and most popular entertainment podcasts around. Its cast of panelists get together to review the latest in television, film, and more – through a lively, engaging format – all for an incredibly loyal audience. The podcast is ramping up to being published five days a week, and we are expanding our production team.
NPR is looking for a creative and versatile Production Assistant with a passion for pop culture news and analysis to help produce the podcasts. They are a small and agile team based in Washington, DC. The production assistant will be required to occasionally work weekends and evenings for award shows and other events, and must have a willingness to be flexible about scheduling.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least one year of radio production experience on broadcast digital audio workstations (MTE/DAVID, Dalet, ProTools or similar)
- At least one year of experience working with daily deadlines
- Experience with journalism-related research and demonstrated ability to collect, organize and disseminate information
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes and changing priorities/conditions
- Ability to work independently but also work well as part of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Knowledge and interest in arts and entertainment news
Those who want to know about the responsibilities of the position, or who wish to apply for the job, can do so on the website where the NPR want ad is posted.