Gimlet Media, which is part of Spotify, is seeking an experienced producer to join a team that will launch a new crime show, based in Los Angeles. It will be a wide-ranging role that will have an impact on the exciting experiences of a launch.
Gimlet Media is here to create a world more full of human connection and understanding. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Crimetown, The Clearing, Heavyweight, and Homecoming. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
What You’ll Do includes:
- Brainstorm, develop, and shape ideas for show episodes
- Work with Host and supporting producers to identify sources, subjects and interviews to create a story.
- Track down court documents, submit public records requests, find and secure archival tape
- Find, pre-interview, and book guests
- Plan field producing and reporting trips in collaboration with supervising producers
- Travel and field produce interviews with people you’ve been reading about and researching for months
What You’ll Bring includes:
- A strong interest in the world of crime, punishment, and justice
- A minimum of four years of experience producing audio for radio or podcast
- A journalism background
- Experience scripting 15-20 minute audio stories
- Proficiency in field recording, with a variety of audio equipment
Those who want to find out more about what you’ll do, and what you will be expected to bring, should visit the Spotify website where the job is listed. It is also possible to apply for the job on that website.