The Podcast Academy has announced the people who are on its Board of Governors, along with a list of Officers. Previously to this, they posted on their website information about their Awards Program and its timing.
The Podcast Awards program will accept votes from members of The Podcast Academy who are in good standing. Members will be eligible to vote for the best of their peer group and the best of a general excellence category. Only members of The Podcast Academy can vote.
Nominations will be accepted in Fall of 2020. Finalists will be announced in early 2021. The first annual awards ceremony will be held in Lost Angeles in early 2021.
The Officers of the Board of Governors are:
- Chairperson Rob Greenlee – VP, Content and Partnerships, Libsyn
- Secretary Kerri Hoffman – President and CEO, PRX
- Vice-Chairperson Donald Albright – President & Co-Founder, Tenderfoot TV
- Treasurer Christy Mirabal – SonyMusic Entertainment
The Governors on the Board of Governors are:
- Conal Byrne – President, iHeartMedia
- Ben Cave – Global Head of Podcasts, Apple
- Erik Deihn – CEO, Stitcher
- Ayan Grundmann – SVP, Programming and Audience Development, NPR
- Courtney Holt, Head of Studios and Video, Spotify
- Hernan Lopez – Founder & CEO, Wondery
- Christina Moore – Founder, Don’t Skip Media
- Rekha Murthy – Independent Podcast Strategist
- Liliana Maria Percy Ruiz – Executive Producer, On Being Studios
- Oren Rosenbaum – Agent, Emerging Platforms, United Talent Agency
- Lauren Spoher – Co-creator of Criminal and This is Love Podcasts
- Alia Tavakolian – EVP of Content, Spoke Media
- Jenna Weiss-Berman – Co-Founder, Pineapple Street
It is nice to see The Podcast Academy being transparent about who is on their Board of Governors. Many of the people on it are part of well known podcasting companies. I think that’s a good sign. It is worth noting that many of the people on the Board of Governors are the same ones who were listed as “supporters of the Podcast Academy’s launch” in a press release that led to controversy.