Podcasters looking for monetization opportunities look no further than Blubrry’s new programmatic advertising. Available to all Blubrry hosting customers today, regardless of your show’s size or how long you’ve been podcasting, you can monetize your show immediately.
You can easily set it, forget it, and earn revenue on every episode. Podcasters aren’t responsible for choosing the companies to advertise in their shows – it’s all programatic (automatic) and done with Blubrry’s ad partner SoundStack.
All you have to do is sign up. Most shows will begin receiving ad placements immediately, but volume will grow in the first 60 – 90 days as the advertising platform learns your posting patterns and matches your show’s episodes with the best advertisers.
Our partner, SoundStack, has been perfecting audio ad delivery since 2010, and is an expert in this unique technology. Blubrry started as an advertising agency for podcasters in 2005, before most people had even heard the term “podcast.” As we’ve evolved, so has the industry. Now, we’re excited to provide a simple but powerful advertising opportunity to help every podcaster put money in their pockets.
What to Expect
For Blubrry Publishers, users head to “Make Money” in the sidebar of the Podcaster Dashboard and accept the terms of service agreement. For PowerPress users, select “Make Money” from the PowerPress Settings tab. Don’t worry – we’ll only put ads in your show if you opt-in. You can always opt-out at any time.
- Fill out the required information about your podcast(s).
- Choose to enable your desired podcasts hosted by Blubrry.
- WordPress/Powerpress users will want to Sync.
- Companies can then bid on your episodes in real-time and deliver ads.
- We expect earnings potential for CPMs to range from $5-$15. Those rates can vary from minute to minute
Programmatic Advertising Details
- Learn more about how it all works before you dive in.
- There are no download requirements.
- There are no audience expectations.
- It will typically take 60-90 days for your show to receive maximum fill rates.
- Not every podcast listen will be monetized, as region, time, and inventory all play a part.
- Payments are made monthly via PayPal, starting approximately 90 days from the time you begin after reaching a minimum commission.
- The entire process is automated.
Note: Pro-hosting customers using our dynamic advertising insertion cannot simultaneously use programmatic advertising. Currently, only one tool works at a time, so please contact us for details.
All Blubrry hosting customers can start immediately. For those who are using PowerPress, we will update your media URLs through the sync function when you opt into programmatic advertising.
Are you interested in an example? Our company show, Podcast Insider, uses programmatic advertising. Tune in and hear a variety of ads, some of which might be geo-specific to the listener. Please contact our team on your website if you have further questions.