Bossjock Studio, developers of the popular Bossjock podcast-production app for iOS have released a demo of a mobile podcast production setup they call “Frankenskype.”
There are two topics of discussion that come up frequently on podcasting-centric forums: 1.) How to record Skype calls. 2.) How to produce mobile recordings. It looks like Bossjock tried to solve both of these problems by bringing Frankenskype to life. To elaborate, Frankenskype isn’t a product so much as it’s a technique for using battery-powered mobile gear to record both ends of a Skype call into the Bossjock app.
- * Camera Connection Kit plugged into iPad.
- * USB Dual Pre plugged into Camera Connect Kit.
- * Analog microphone (the demo uses an ATR2100, but almost any mic will work) using an XLR cable plugged into one input of the Dual Pre.
- * Audio cable from the iPhone’s headphone jack connected to the other input of the USB Dual Pre.
- * USB cable from the Dual Pre connected to the Camera Connection Kit on the iPad.