The Futuro Media Group is seeking a Senior Editor for NPR’s Latino USA. It is an award-winning public radio program and podcast that focuses on Latinos and the Latino experience.
The Senior Editor supervises the editorial and production process of the show, edits individual stories, and is responsible for overseeing the tone and content of the program, adhering to rigorous journalistic standards as well as consistently bringing cutting-edge storytelling to the show.
The Senior Editor, along with the Senior Producer and the Production Manager form the three-part Latino USA leadership team.
This is a full-time position based on Harlem, New York City, that reports to Futuro Media’s Executive Director, and works closely with Host & Executive Producer Maria Hinojosa and all other departments at Futuro Media.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eight plus years of radio reporting or production experience
- Proven editing experience either on audio or in print
- Significant experience making long form or narrative audio
- Experience as a manager and/or in a leadership position
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Strong experience working with editorial standards and processes
- Understanding of current trends in audio storytelling and production
- Some Spanish-language proficiency required, native-speaker or fully fluent a big plus
For full details, visit the Futuro Media job listing to learn about the duties and responsibilities of this position and the application process.