There’s been a lot of talk lately about crowdfunding platforms for podcasting. It seems like new platforms are coming online all the time. I decided to compare some of these services, looking at the features they have to offer and what kind of fees they charge.
I ranked my findings in first, second and third place with a runner up. Which service came in first? Listen to the podcast to find out!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | | More
Buzz had been building over the last week about Patreon, a crowdfunding service that’s growing in popularity among podcasters. The company had stated publicly that it’d be making a big announcement today and indeed, they did. Patreon is receiving $15 million in series A funding from a group of big-name investors including Alexis Ohanian (cofounder of Reddit), Sam Altman (President of Y Combinator), David Marcus (former President of Paypal) and others.
This isn’t the first time Patreon has taken venture capital. In 2013, the company received $2.1 million in funding from some of the same investors. And it looks like that initial investment paid off. Patreon rolled out some impressive facts about what the service has achieved so far:
- *Revenue grew 10x in a five month period.
- *Patreon now has over 25,000 creators using the service.
- *Patreon has sent over $2 million to its creators.
Continue reading Patreon Gets $15 Million In Series A Funding
Podertainment Magazine, an e-periodical focused on podcasters and podcasting, has released its second issue. The magazine is now available for download thru the iTunes Store. Issues can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription.
The latest issue covers a wide range of topics:
- * How to create a podcast recording studio with iOS.
- * Patreon crowdrunding for podcasters.
- * Improving your podcast’s episode tittles.
- * How to use a Feedburner redirect without using the Feedburner website.
- * Rethinking conventional wisdom about podcasting.
- * The importance of “unique listeners.”
- * Several articles about techniques to help monetize your podcast.
Continue reading Issue 2 Of Podertainment Magazine Now Available