The 14th Annual Podcast Awards is open to podcasters worldwide. Registration for the 2019 Podcast Awards will open on January 18, 2019. The Podcast Awards has been honoring podcasters since 2005.
The Podcast Awards are open to all shows globally. Shows from around the world are encouraged to participate. The 14th annual Podcast Awards has some new rules and has released an official timeline.
- Podcaster Registration Period: January 18 – July 31
- Listener Nomination Period: July 1 – July 31
- Slate Announcement: August 10
- Slate Voting: September 15
- Awards Ceremony, held in conjunction with International Podcast Day: To Be Announced
The 2019 registration window is January 18, 2019, through July 31, 2019. Be aware that the listener nomination period opens July 1, 2019, and your show will not be added or shown on the nomination page until you register.
Nomination Rules and Eligibility:
- Any show podcasting on or before July 1, 2019, with a minimum of 10 published episodes is eligible to be nominated for the 2019 Podcast Awards.
- Legacy Shows as listed on the Legacy Page are not eligible to win a podcast award. If a legacy show has not yet won a People’s Choice Podcast Award the show will automatically be registered to participate in the People’s Choice Category.
- All registered shows will automatically be eligible to be nominated in the People’s Choice Category. Any show wishing to be eligible to be nominated can register via the registration page until the nomination closing date and pay via PayPal the $20 registration fee.
- Shows that do not register are not eligible to participate. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Podcasters can, and should, provide instructions in their shows and on their websites instructing their audiences on how to register and nominate their podcast. This is allowed and encouraged.
Expressly forbidden are automated programs, web assist templates that interact with the Podcast Awards site, web overlays, bookmarklets, and no nomination tool or macro is allowed. The podcast committee reserves the right to amend forbidden activity details at any time throughout the awards process.