Gimlet Media and the Wall Street Journal want to create a news podcast. They are seeking a Podcast Producer. The deadline to submit a cover letter and resume is March 8, 2019.
Gimlet and the Wall Street Journal are teaming up to launch a new daily podcast this Spring. The show will take listeners behind the biggest news stories of the day. We will explain how business drives the day’s headlines, and how the Wall Street Journal’s deeply-reported stories shape the landscape. We will make business news relatable, and we’ll reveal how business and finance are behind some of the biggest events happening around us.
The Podcast Producer will:
- Pitch story ideas that can be accomplished within a tight timeline, and pitch occasional longer-term projects
- Book, prep for, record and produce interviews with sources inside and outside of the Journal
- Write script and structure narratives for episodes
- Record and produce field reporting trips
- Log, cut, and arrange tape, build assemblies, score moments, and everything else production requires
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Wall Street Journal’s reporters, editors and managerial staff
- Balance multiple episodes in production at the same time
- Work both independently and collaboratively, depending on the task
- 4+ years producing audio in a high-caliber, high-output organization
- ProTools proficiency
- A passion for the work of the Journal specifically and business news generally
- Enthusiasm for a high-intensity daily production schedule
- Daily experience is a huge plus
The Podcast Producer position is a full time rule employed by Gimlet but based in the Wall Street Journal’s Manhattan offices. Visit the Gimlet and Wall Street Journal want ad for more information.