Third Coast International Audio Festival is based in Chicago. They curate sound-rich audio stories from around the world and share them with as many ears as possible – via radio, podcast, public events, annual conferences, and their website. The 2017 winners of the Third Coast International Audio Competition have been announced.
The 2017 Third Coast/Richard H. Driehaus Competition awards the following categories: Best Documentary (Gold, Silver, Bronze, Honorable Mention and Directors’ Choice), Best New Audio, Radio Impact, Best News Feature, Skylarking and Best Foreign Language.
The list of winners has been revealed. That being said, we won’t know who won what until the Third Coast Awards Ceremony. It will take place on November 11, 2017, and will be hosted by Helen Zaltzman of The Allusionist.
The winners are:
- The Accidental Gay Parents, Episode 5 – Hillary Frank, Abigail Keel, Kristen Clark
- Blink Once for Yes – John Fecile, Steven Jackson, Lizzie ShiffmanTufano
- Emancipation: A Young Man Leaves Forster Care on His Own Terms – Youth Radio, Noel Anaya, Brett Meyers
- Heavyweight: Gregor – Jonathan Goldstein, Chris Neary, Wendy Dorr, Kalia Holt
- Los Casettes del Exilio – Dennis Maxwell
- Majd’s Diary: Two Years in the Life of a Saudi Girl – Sarah Kate Kramer, Joe Richman
- S-Town – Brian Reed, Julie Snyder
- Standing Out From the Crowd at a Trump Rally – Ike Sriskandarajah
- Quiet Revolution – Laura Irving
- The Discussion – Rosa Gollan
- The Traffic Stop – Tracy Mumford, Hans Buetow, Riham Feshir, Jon Collins