Tongal and iHeartRadio are on the hunt for The Next Great Podcast, and they want to pump your show into earbuds all across the globe! Submit your pitch for a chance to develop and launch a show on The iHeartPodcast Network, funded by iHeartRadio. Submissions are due by noon PT on August 27, 2020.
Here are some of the details you should know before you submit a podcast:
- Your podcast can be about any topic and in any format. Submissions can come from anywhere in the world.
- A panel of judged will select 10 semi-finalists to record 10-minute pilot episodes
- Fans all over the globe will vote for their favorite podcasts
- Up to (10) semi-finalists will be awarded $1,000 towards the production of a 10-minute pilot episode of their podcast
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive a special interview with Dan Patrick and will work closely with iHeartRadio to develop their idea into a podcast series, to be distributed by the iHeartPodcast Network.
There is a Submit button on The Next Great Podcast website for podcasters to click on for more information.
Here is what else you need to know:
- Participants must be thirteen years or older at the time if entry.
- Podcasts must be in the English language or subtitled.
- Preferred format for upload to the Tongal website is .wav, .mp4, or, if your audio is in a video container, HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .wav, mp4, .mov, .avi, .mp4, or .wmv.
- Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity, or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of the sponsor.
- Submissions may not portray Sponsor in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with the Sponsor.
There is a section of the information that was posted in all caps and in red. It says:
“By submitting a podcast entry, your submission immediately becomes the sole property of Tongal or its assignees – see official rules for more details about ownership of entries. You may not publicly share or publish your submission in any manner and you may not post or upload your submission to any website or video hosting site (including, but not limited to, Facebook, YouTube or Vimeo), without the prior express written consent of Tongal. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification of your entry in the project.”