Developer VB-Audio Software has recently updated its audio production app Voicemeeter. Voicemeeter is a powerful software mixer for Windows that allows users to mix multiple hardware and virtual inputs. There are many possibilities for using Voicemeeter with podcasting. For example, Voicemeeter could be used to mix different sound sources such as USB headsets along with computer-based audio sources like software soundboards or media players. It could also be used for creating a mix-minus setup for recording Skype calls.
Voicemeeter has an extensive set of audio I/O for configuring signal paths. A list of possible uses from the Voicemeeter website (Note: VB-Audio Software is a French developer, so their English is a bit wonky.):
- *To mix your voice with your music on Skype or Google Voice as well as for broadcasting and make your own radio.
- *To use 2x USB Headset on a computer, for example for online educational program.
- *To Play Video Game in 5.1 and keep the MIC for communication with your team.
- *To make tutorial with your preferred audio software and pro quality.
- *To Record Conference or Interview in multichannel for post production.
- *To use different Audio Application together and record the performance in live with your preferred DAW.
- *Finally to manage simply whatever sound sources on your computer in an easy way.
Continue reading “Voicemeeter Is A Powerful Software Mixer For Windows”