Sarah Lawrence College announced the winners of the 2017 Sarah Lawrence College International Audio Fiction Awards. There were entries from more than 200 podcasts and radio dramas from around the world. You can buy tickets now to the 2017 Sarah Awards Ceremony.
This is the Second Annual Sarah Awards. The winners have been listed in alphabetical order. The entries highlighted the variety of radio dramas made in the year since the previous Sarah Awards took place. They included psychological thrillers, to musicals, to pieces that blended fact and fiction.
Who won what will be announced at their 2017 Sarah Awards Ceremony which will take place at the Jerome L. Greene Space on March 28, 2017. You can buy tickets now. The event will feature performances by Welcome to Night Vale, the Sugartone Brassband, and others.
The 2017 Sarah Awards Winners are:
- “An Occurrence at B.E. Investments” by Andrew Wardlaw for Lamplight Radio Play podcast.
- “Black and Blue: Two Radio Plays Exploring Race and Policing in America” by Judith Kampfner of Corporation For Independent Media for BBC Radio 4.
- “Homecoming” by Eli Horowitz, Micha Bloomberg and Mark Phillips of Gimlet Media
- “Randys Mema Died” by Andrea Silenzi of Panoply’s Why Oh Why podcast
- “The Man in the Barn” by Jonathan Mitchell and Louis Kornfeld of Radiotopia’s The Truth
- “Wait, Wait, Don’t Kill Me” by Dave Holstein and Andrews Schmuckler with Wondery’s Secrets, Crimes & Audiotape
Sarah Lawerence College has provided a description of each of the winning entries on their website. They also included a link to where you can listen to each one.