Pop Up Podcasting is a podcast studio, location recording service, and production company located in downtown Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It opened its doors on March 1, 2017. It may be the first recording studio in Canada to focus exclusively on podcasting.
JP Davidson is the owner of Pop Up Podcasting. He is a podcasting professional. He noted that podcasting standards have started to rise.
“People weren’t really happy with these echo-y sounding, distant, levels-all-over-the-place podcasts.” He said. “The thinking behind the space is to make it cheaper and quicker for people to do quality podcasting, so that it can be a regular thing.”
Pop Up Podcasting is a full-service podcast production company and recording studio. They offer a variety of services to podcasters. You can contact Pop Up Podcasting and request a customized quote for your project.
Basic Recording Session
- 1-4 people in their professional broadcast studio
- Up to 90 minutes of studio time
- Recording supervised by a trained audio engineer
- Your clips and/or music pre-loaded into their soundboard
- Add remote guests via phone, Skype, FaceTime etc…
- Raw multi-track files and stereo mix delivered via digital download or USB.
Podcast Pilot Package
- One Basic Recording Session
- Content planning meeting
- Script review
- Custom Reusable Intro/Extro with Royalty-Free Music
- Editing, mixing, mastering, MP3 file tagging, and transcription of your finished podcast episode
- Hosting, publishing and distribution setup (iTunes etc…)
Pop Up Podcasting will provide you with a custom quote suited specifically to your needs. Available services include:
- Content Consulting and Development
- Journalistic interviewing
- Sound-Rich documentary production
- Conference and event recording
- Audio cleanup and restoration.