Macmillan is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world. They publish a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Audio is seeking a Senior Audio Producer.
Macmillan is based in Stuttgart, Germany. Their ad for a Senior Audio Producer indicates that the position will be in New York City, New York, for Macmillan Audio. Macmillan’s American publishers include: Farrar, Henry Holt & Company, St. Martin’s Press, Tor Books, Macmillan Children’s Group, Macmillan Audio (and more).
Macmillan seeks a Senior Audio Producer to oversee the production of outstanding original audio content for its in-house podcast network. Our shows at Macmillan Podcasts run the gamut – from self-help and sci-fi to literature and true crime. The ideal candidate will have experience creating, producing, and editing podcasts, the ability to collaborate well with others, and a passion for all genres of audio.
They are looking for a self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively to brainstorm creative storytelling formats, guide and onboard talent, book guests, and manage the recording and post-production processes.
Required Skills include:
- 3-5 years working at a major network or public radio station
- Demonstrated success in producing podcasts or radio programs that reach a large audience
- Expertise in digital audio workstations (DAWs)/editing software, such as ProTools
- Highly organized and able to meet weekly deadlines
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for working with authors or talent.
Those who are interested working with Macmillan Audio should read their ad for full details. The ad includes a list of Major Responsibilities that the person who his hired will need to do.