News UK is a company with journalism at its very heart. Its newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. The embrace creativity and initiative and have some of the most talented people in the industry. News UK seeks a Head of On-Demand Audio – Wireless.
The summary of the role is: Lead the delivery of podcasts, personalized / listen again radio, audiobooks, and other on-demand audio offerings across Wireless Group and News UK.
Some Relevant Skills and Experience Include:
- Previous leadership experience within a spoken word audio production environment
- Experience in creating podcasts which have had a major impact
- Experience in creating pre-recorded speech radio programmes
- Experience in managing a fast-moving audio production team
- Ability to manage talent and key editorial stakeholders
- Creative flair and strong ability to generate new ideas
Some Key Objectives of the Role Include:
- Contribute to the development of an overarching editorial strategy for The Sun, The Times, The Sunday Times, TLS, and Wireless Group on-demand audio content
- Oversee production of high quality podcasts, audiobooks and other on-demand audio offerings aligned with their radio and print brands that are capable of achieving a major impact
- Recruit and manage a team of talented and highly creative audio producers capable of delivering excellent audio content to a defined budget
- Work with the digital department and distribution partners to ensure strong prominence and promotion on external audio platforms (iTunes, Acast, Deezer, etc.)
- Foster strong audio production relationships with HarperCollins.
For full details, visit the want ad on the News UK Careers website. Part of the website appears to have more information about facilities, benefits, development, and diversity.