99% Invisible is hiring a Radio/Podcast Producer. The position is full-time employment. It comes with medical insurance, dental insurance, and a 401K.
99% Invisible is looking for a talented and driven producer to join their team in downtown Oakland California. With over 225 million downloads, 99% Invisible is consistently one of the most popular podcasts in iTunes. The podcast is hosted by Roman Mars, who is also a co-founder of Radiotopia, a collective of ground-breaking, story-driven podcasts.
Producers for 99% Invisible receive competitive salaries, full benefits, and flexible/reasonable schedules. 99% Invisible believes people should have time for a life outside of work.
Tasks the Radio/Podcast Producer will do include:
- Research story ideas for episodes and write concise and compelling story pitches
- Pre-interview and interview sources for stories
- Produce scripts that are well structured, well written and in “the voice” of 99% Invisible
- Edit and mix in Pro Tools
- Participate in group edits
- Edit companion web articles
- Promote episodes on social media and other channels
Skills needed include:
- Four or more years experience producing narrative journalism
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Solid foundation in editing audio, Pro Tools a plus
- Audio omnivore
- Works well under pressure
Those interested in applying for the 99% Invisible Radio/Podcast Producer position need to be aware that the deadline is February 15, 2018. Please check out the job listing for full details.