Spotify is seeking a Podcast Producer – Owned Channels. The position is listed under Content / Content Marketing, and is located in New York.
This job demands a mastery of the audio and podcasting medium, a creative spirit, as well as a well-organized mind for juggling and delivering on multiple initiatives. You must be able to take a whisper of an idea and work with our creative partners to help grow it into a story. That means turning brainstorms and big picture ideas into larger narrative arcs, music choices, compelling stories and podcast episodes. This role is responsible for supporting the production and overall delivery of multiple episodes a month.
- Create plans for how a new show or season will look, sound, be structured, and formulate how each episode will come to life.
- Handle day-to-day production tasks, including (but not limited to): Set deadlines, clearly communicate those deadlines and keep the team on track towards its goals
- Work with and manage both internal and external talent, guests and hosts
- Pitch episode ideas, and handle all pre-interview, interview, reporting, recording, and writing of stories and scripts
- Identify, hire and manage additional producers, both freelance and fulltime positions, as well as editors, production managers, and audio engineers as needed
- Perpetually remain up-to-speed on the latest news in the entertainment, technology and podcasting space
- And more!
- 3+ years of experience making audio stories, ideally in radio, podcasting, and/or editorial space
- Strong ability to structure a compelling and unique audio story, both editorially and technically (ProTools experience required
- Experience working on a tight production schedule and translating ideas into action, with the ability to manage your own time, stakeholders and accountabilities in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ability and preference to travel as frequently as a story or episode requires
- Creative and motivated self-starter with a hands-on attitude and tireless work ethic
- A deep love for podcasts, entertainment and presentation skills
- And more!
For more details, please visit the Spotify website where the job listing is posted. It is possible to apply for the job through that website.