The Ringer seeks an associate podcast producer to join its Los Angeles-based digital audio team. The ideal candidate will be creative and self-motivated, will possess experience in all aspects of production, and who loves audio storytelling and knows how to convey stories that are entertaining and engaging.
The associate podcast producer will provide support to the podcast producers and talent covering topics that drive The Ringer universe: sports, popular culture, technology, politics, food, and more.
- Work closely with the audio staff in support of production needs
- Act as edit or production support for a full range of podcasts, including research and creating outlines for new episodes of existing Ringer podcast series
- Covering studio sessions as needed
- Organizing and coordinating show delivery schedules
- Provide audio engineer functions to the video team
- Aid in the operation of studio or field production equipment as necessary
- Minimum of two to three years experience in a professional digital media production role
- Must have prior experience as an audio producer, demonstrating an understanding of creating content on the latest social media platforms
- Must show a fundamental ability to make sound editorial judgements and balance conflicting priorities
- An ability to convey complex information and stories in a clear and engaging way
- Knowledge of what makes a story relatable, dramatic and interesting and what makes compelling audio and sound
- Deep understanding of news and story lines, with sound journalistic ethics and judgement
This is a permanent, full-time position with comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. The Ringer would like applicants to attach a cover letter, and samples of previous work if applicable.
Visit The Ringer’s Linkedin to learn more details about this job and how to apply for it.