The Sarah Awards announced that is has combined with PodTales for 2020. Their original idea was to gather in person at Sarah Lawrence College this fall and “see everyone’s gorgeous faces in person” at the college’s new Barbara Walters Campus Center. The pandemic put an end to those plans.
So we got to work organizing this year’s Sarah Awards ceremony and PodTales online audio fiction festival. It’s an exciting program that will launch in November and have three weekends worth of incredible programming and celebrations. Discover everything PodTales here. The three weekends will all lead up to this year’s The Sarah Awards Ceremony where we will awards to the best audio fiction from around the world.
This year’s Sarah Awards will award a combined $3,750 in prize money for the First ($2,000), Second ($1,000), Third ($500), and Best New Artist ($250). Submission is free and you can enter as many pieces as you would like.
Those interested in entering should take a look at The Sarah Awards 2020 Entry information.
Here are some key points from it:
- Entries must have been produced between March 2018 and October 2020.
- Entries must be between 3 minutes and 60 minutes in length.
- Each entry will be judged individually.
- Entries of all languages are admissible. However, if your works are not in English, you must provide a transcript in English.
- All works must be fiction – no documentaries will be accepted.
- Each entry should consist of one audio file (MP3).
- All entries must be uploaded by Friday, October 23rd, 2020 at 5 p.m. EST.