Last year, Spotify announced that U.S. listeners could ask their Amazon Alexa devices to play their favorite podcasts. Now, listeners in 11 new markets – Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, and Ireland – can ask Alexa to do the same.
Podcasts delight, entertain, inform, and inspire people across the world, and there’s always more to stream, for both Free and Premium listeners. Now with Alexa, you can get listening to any of the millions more on Spotify—just by using your voice.
Ready to get started? Setup is easy, and only takes a few moments:
- Go to the Amazon Alexa App.
- Open the menu, head to Settings, then Music & Podcasts.
- If Spotify is not connected, tap “Link New Service” and select Spotify”.
- Link your Spotify account to your Alexa account.
- If you’re in Brazil, Mexico, Germany, or the UK, tap “Default Services,” and then select
- Spotify as the default podcast service.
- Say “Alexa, play [your podcast of choice] podcast on Spotify” and get listening!
Spotify has created a short video to walk people through the process of connecting Spotify to Alexa. Not sure what podcast to start with? New podcasts from every market and in many languages are increasingly available on Spotify. For each of the 11 new markets that can play podcasts on Alexa, Spotify has a podcast suggestion.