In this episode, Shawn and Jen give you a round-up of articles that predict what will happen in podcasting in 2017. We discuss what we think about the potential rise of “walled gardens”, the future of advertising in podcasts, and what it means that we’re all mainstream now.
Links mentioned in this episode:
* Podcasting set to go mainstream in 2017
By Richard Brooks on TechCentral
* Why branded podcasting could more than double in 2017
By Max Williams on Digiday
* Podcasters of color are striving to amplify ‘the actual voices of marginalized folks’
By Charles Pulliam-Moore on Business Insider
* 2017: Podcasting’s Breakthrough Year
By Dave Van Dyke for Bridge Ratings
* Behind Scripps’ Podcasting Bet
By Michael Depp on TVNewsCheck
* For Black History Month, iTunes has put together a collection called The Black Experience. It features several podcasts with Black hosts.
— iTunes Podcasts (@iTunesPodcasts) February 6, 2017
* Women in Podcasting: Interview with Fariha Roisin and Zeba Blay
Fariha Roisin and Zeba Blay are the hosts of Two Brown Girls. They did an “email interview” with Jen for Podcaster News in 2015.