The British Podcast Awards has teamed up with Radiodays Europe to work together on the biggest European podcasting conference – Podcast Day. The event, newly rebranded Podcast Day 24, will be the first 24-hour online conference with speakers from Australia, Europe and North America. Delegates will be able to watch the event in real-time and catch-up on sessions afterwards.
The event builds on the success of Radiodays Europe’s Podcast Day, which started in Copenhagen in 2017, before moving to London in 2019. In 2020, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the event evolved into Podcast Day Online, and reached its largest number of delegates so far.
Matt Deegan from the British Podcast Awards says: “Podcasting is an international medium and we know podcasters are inspired by great content from all around the world. We’ll have parts of the day anchored in Sydney, London, and North America, allowing us to reflect the three local scenes as well as share knowledge from further afield.”
Peter Neigel CEO of Radiodays Europe says: “We’re excited to work with the Podcast Awards team to super-size Podcast Day and bring it to a larger audience, in different podcast markets around the world. Podcast Day always features the best speakers from the most interesting shows, platforms, and companies, and we’re looking forward to hosting even more great stories at Podcast Day 24 event.”
Online tickets for Podcast Day 24 are priced at £99 + VAT, but are available at the reduced price of £75 + VAT until the end of February on their website. Join us for 24 hours of podcasting from around the world.
Radiodays Europe decided to postpone the conference due to increasing health risks in many countries associated with COVID-19. An announcement about this change was made on March 9, 2020. At the time, Radiodays Europe stated that the new dates would be released at a later date.
On March 18, 2020, Radiodays Europe announced what the new dates would be for the Radiodays Europe conference that was to be held in Libson.
Radiodays has announced today new dates for the Libson 2020 conference which will now be held on 13-15 December 2020. The event is postponed until late in the year because of Coronavirus COVID-19. All tickets purchased for Radiodays Europe 2020 in March are valid for the new dates in December. The location for the conference remains the same, the Centro de Congresses de Libson (CCL) in Portugal. We thank you for your continued support of our hosts and partners.
Radiodays Europe starred in 2010 as a response to the European industry, public and private, to come together to discuss the new media challenges, across borders. It has since grown to become the most important annual conference for radio professionals with over 1,500 participants from 62 countries. It is the meeting point for the European radio industry, and a destination for radio people from around the world.
With that said, it is easy to see why the people who had purchased tickets to attend Radiodays Europe 2020 would be happy to learn that the conference will still happen. Hopefully, the risk from the coronavirus will not be something people have to worry about anymore in December of this year.
Radiodays Europe announced that London will be the host city for Podcast Day 2019. The event will take place on Thursday, June 13, 2019, at King’s Place in central London. It is the third Podcast Day.
Radiodays Europe (RDE) Podcast Day is a satellite event from the team that brings you Radiodays Europe each year. Podcast Day was created in response to the need to bring together the Podcast world in Europe. The first RDE Podcast Day was held in 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Attended by over 200 participants it was a day which focused on innovation in this new area of radio.
Registration for Podcast Day 2019 is open. The registration is being done through Trippus.se, who will accept VISA and MasterCard. It appears that there is a fee in addition to the price of the ticket.
King’s Place, which is located in the heart of King’s Cross, was selected as the venue for Podcast Day 2019. It houses the first new build public concert hall to be built in central London since the completion of the Barbican concert hall in 1982. It is a five minute walk from two mainline stations and has four hotels just three minutes’ walk away.
At the time I am writing this blog post, there are few specific details about what to expect at Podcast Day 2019. Radiodays offers a look at the program from 2018 as an example. The program for Podcast Day 2019 will start being produced at the end of 2018.
Radiodays Europe Podcast Day is a satellite event from the team that brings you Radiodays Europe each year. Podcast Day was created in response to the need to bring together the Podcast world in Europe. Radiodays Europe Podcast Day will take place on June 12, 2018, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The 2018 Radiodays Europe Podcast Day Speakers are:
- Mélissa Bounoua – Co-founder, Louise Media
- Joe Copeman – Director of Sales, Acast
- Leslie Merklinger – Senior Director of Audio Innovation, CBC Radio and Audio
- George Mullen – Research Manager, Podcasts & Radio 4, BBC
- Kaitlin Priest – Podcaster, The Heart on Radiotopia
- Charlotte Pudlowski – Co-Founder, Louise Media
- Kellie Riordan – Manager, ABC Audio Studios
- Peter Zezulka – Head of Audience Planning for Radio & Education, BBC
A partial schedule has been released for 2018 Radiodays Europe Podcast Day. It starts with an informal “ice breaker” event on the evening before Podcast Day. It is not an obligatory event. The full schedule for Radiodays Europe 2018 (including events on Sunday and workshops) will be confirmed over the coming months. Here is a basic outline:
Pre-Podcast Day June 11 2018 – afternoon to evening
- Afternoon Workshop
- Podcast Speed dating session – Networking ‘A Marriage Made in Podcasting Heaven’
- Evening ice breaker – time & venue TBC
Podcast Day June 12 2018
- Registration & Networking opens at 8:15
- Start of conference – morning session 9:00
- Start of conference – afternoon session 13:00
- End of conference 18:00
RadioDays Europe (RDE) is about radio’s future, but also about sharing experiences from the best of radio today. RDE was born in 2010 as a response to the European industry, public and private, to come together to discuss the new media challenges, across borders. RadioDays Europe Podcast Day will take place on June 15, 2017.
Podcast Day is a new event focused entirely on the fast-moving world of Podcasting. It will be held in the Rai Convention Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands. (RDE has stated that the venue for Podcast Day 2018 will be Vienna.) Podcast Day will offers sessions about content, storytelling, platforms, audiences, and the business models for podcasting.
- Rebecca Bach-Lauristen and Peter Albrecthsen – Producers, Denmarks Radio
- Daniel Anstandig – CEO, Futuri Media
- Caroline Bratt Pouron – Content Strategist at P3, Swedish Radio
- Dennis Christensen – Head of Audience Research, Danish Radio
- Matt Deegan – Creative Director, Folder Media
- Eric Deihn – CEO Midroll Media
- Pablo Fernádez Delkader – Innovation and Product Development Manager, PRISA Radio
- Ruth Fitzsimons – SVP International Operations & Content Partnerships – AudioBoom
- Laurent Frisch – Head of Digital, Radio France
- Tore Hauerbach – Digital Editor, Danish Broadcasting Corporation
- Runa Henriksen Jorstad – Crime Reporter, NRK
- Elizabeth Lane – Research Manager, BBC Radio 4, Radio 4 Extra, Radio & Music Multiplatform
- Casja Lindberg – Controller SR P3, Swedish Radio
- Martin Liss – Media & Management consultant
- Jon Manel – Podcast Editor, BBC World Service
- Brendan McDonald – Co-creator & Executive Producer, WTF
- Leslie Merklinger – Senior Director of Audio Innovation, CBC Radio and Audio
- Jason Phipps – Head of Audio, The Guardian
- Nick Quah – Founder, Hot Pod
- Colm Roche – Co-Founder, Radio Wolfgang
- Rune Schwartz – Innovation Chief, Bauer Media Denmark
- Paula Szuchman – Vice President of On-Demand Content, WYNC
- Irina Tjelle – News Reporter, NRK
- Claire Tonti – Creative Director and Head of Advertising, Planet Broadcast
- Helen Zaltzman – Podcast Host & Producer, Podcasts – The Allusionist & Answer Me This