The RAIN Podcast Business Summit will take place on March 5, 2019, in New York City. The summit will provide expert insight from audio innovators, researchers, agency leads, podcast experts, and executive-level marketers who will share invaluable perspectives and insights on the dynamic online audio podcast business.
The Keynote Speaker is Founder and Head of Product for Google Podcasts, Zack Reneau-Wedeen. The Featured Speaker is President & CEO of National Public Radio, Jarl Mohn.
Additional Speakers include:
- Gina Garrubbo – President & CEO, National Public Media
- Conal Byrne – President & CEO, HowStuffWorks
- James Cridland – Editor, podnews.net
- Joe Bihlmier – Vice President, Global Media, American Express
- Erik Barraud – Senior Vice President, Product, AdsWizz
- Amy Fitzgibbons – Vice President of Marketing, Midroll Media
- Joel Sucherman – Vice President, New Platform Partnerships, NPR
- Kerri Hoffman – President and CEO at PRX & PRI
- Ken Lagana – VP and Head of Sales, Panoply Media
- Sharon Taylor – CEO, Omny Studio
- Stephanie Donovan – SVP Publisher Sales, North America, Triton Digital
- Maggie McGuire – CEO, Pinna
- Velvet Beard – VP Products, Podtrac
- Francesco Baschieri – VP President, Voxnest
- Fannie Cohen – FannieCo
- Steve Pratt – Principal and Co-owner, Pacific Content
Visit the Rain Podcast Business Summit website for a full list of speakers, and to see when more are announced. You can also view a schedule. Tickets are being sold through eventbrite, and range from $299 to $450.
RAIN News is the preeminent source of information and commentary about the future of radio and the emergence of streaming radio. RAIN has announced that the RAIN Podcast Business Summit will take place on June 21, 2017.
The RAIN Podcast Business Summit will be held at the AXA Event & Production Center in New York, as a half-day event. This is a new conference for one of the fastest-growing marketing and programming platforms today.
In its inaugural year, the RAIN Podcast Business Summit will bring together buyers from advertising agencies, brand marketers, leading podcast networks, show hosts and producers, data experts, and technology companies to explore the dynamic intersection of the buy and sell sides in the burgeoning industry of on-demand audio.
NPR CEO Jarl Mohn will open the event with a keynote on the “Evolution of Audio.” Following the keynote, Edison Research will present the findings of a new study on how smart speakers and voice-controlled technology are affecting consumer behavior – research conducted in partnership with NPR, the presenting sponsor of the RAIN Podcast Business Summit. NPR’s Hourly News Summary podcast is the default Flash Briefing on the Alexa platform and is used by hundreds of thousands of people every week.
Through new research, discussion panels and interviews, the RAIN Podcast Business Summit will explore the most current issues and topics defining the landscape of podcasting and its opportunity for marketers. By demystifying the challenges, presenting solutions, and forecasting future trends, the Summit will bring important knowledge to all participants who have a stake in on-demand audio. Speakers and the full agenda will be released in the coming weeks.